Skip to main content

Do the First line of Some of MY Books Make You Jump With Excitement?

 You know how I found out if Warrior books made made you jump with excitement, now I'm gonna do some of my books. (Yes, I'm a writer.) Let's go!


1. The Wild, Book One, Attack of the Canines. (Status: Unpublished):


“Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!” came a shrill voice and then a splash. “Why don’t ya jump on in, Flame?” said a brown tabby with high spirit.


I know, I failed.
This is so bad, to be fair I started writing this book when I was like nine, it was like my first book ever. 
It's not that bad, but I could really do better.

Rating: 3/10


2. Unsolved, Book One, Untold Stories. (Status: Unpublished):

Mia wasn’t normal. Was she?

I did the first two lines because just the first is really short, but hands down, I'm not being bias, (I least I hope not...) This is awesome, it rouses questions. "Is she normal or not?" "Why doesn't she think she's normal?" Great!


Rating: 9/10



3. Feather's Story, A Warriors Fan-fic. (Status: Unpublished):


Minty let out a laugh as her friend Feather tumbled into her housefolk’s pond.


Good, good. not as good as the second, but really better than the first. this book will probably never be published, it was just for my own enjoyment.


Rating: 5/10



4. Winged, Book One, Catching Wind, (Status: Unpublished):


Lyra’s feet pounded on the hardening ground.


That's okay, not the best, not the worst, better than number three though, I have only written the prologue and like five more sentences, soooo.


Rating: 8/10



5. The Upward Search (Status: Unpublished):


Cinne Kloke stopped short in front of the door, she slowly knocked.


So this is a good first line, not awesome, but good, it arouses questions again. This book I'm writing with my friends, I start it and then they wrote in a different color, it's fun but I've written most of it. I was inspired to do it because the have another book we're writing together that is like twenty-five pages in, but I didn't start it so it's not gonna be on here. I was just invited and wasn't there for the writing of the first twenty pages.


Rating: 7/10




6. Journey to the Quantops (Status: Unpublished):


Tarlah dashed through the green fields, chasing her unrealistic dream, knowing it would end soon.


I want to cry I'm so proud of myself. JK. This. Is. Great! Why is it unrealistic, why is it going to end soon?

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!


Rating: 10/10




So, do you agree, or would you rate them differently? Comment below either way!



- Rose



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do the First Lines of the First Six Warrior Books Make You Jump With Excitement?

 Today I'm going to see if the first lines from the first six Warrior books (by Erin Hunter) make me (and you) jump with excitement, not counting the prolog. I'll rate them too. Let's go. 1. Warriors Book One Into the Wild :  It was very dark. Rusty could sense something was near. Honestly, that is a great first line. It urges you to ask questions. Why is it dark? What is it Rusty could sense? How near is it? Who is Rusty anyway? It's just make you really want the answer to these questions, and the only way to get them is to read on. Rating: 9/10   2. Warriors Book Two Fire and Ice: Fireheart shivered. His flame-colored fur was still greenleaf light; it would be a few moons before it was thick enough to keep out cold like this. Bleh. Not a very good first line. Maybe if this was the first book, because you don't know what greenleaf is, but by the second book you do, and it's kinda boring. Rating: 3/10 3. Warriors Book Three Forest of Secrets: The icy wind whirle...